Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5gsumdae

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2020
Wife recently upgraded her original Iphone SE to an Iphone 12 Mini. And soon complained about the loss of Visual Voice Mail. I checked my Iphone 11 and I didn't have it either. My phone didn't even have the voice mail icon. Hers had the icon but showed a box that said 'Call Voice Mail'. If you called either phone and let it ring through to voicemail, there was no voicemail. It said 'User not available, call back later'.

After several days of talking to various people at ATT who were no help, I finally found the guru at ATT who could fix the problem, that the database for us has several incorrectly configured items (probably since we had been with them for years). Once rebooting, had to enter a new voicemail box password, but now back up and running and all the old voicemails are there.

Likely not just a Iphone 12 Mini Issue but will put it under that prefix.

Here's the contact info:

ATT Advanced Technical Support 1-844-601-4909 Rick in West Virginia is who to ask for for guru Visual Voicemail knowledge

5gsumdae

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2020
Documented solution here as technical support said they had fixed the same issue for a number of people. When I looked on this forum prior I didn't find any useful information.

AlteMac

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2011
New York suburb
This is an old thread but I had the same issue with Visual Voicemail with an iPhone 13 Pro. THANK YOU 5gsumdae. I finally got to ATT Advanced Technical Support and they fixed the issue. The IMEI database had the wrong IMEI, and earlier efforts to fix with ATT customer support were not only unsuccessful, but turned off the Visual Voicemail feature. Don't even bother with them. It is a total waste of time. By now ATT should know that there can be an IMEI database problem but the Customer service people do not have access to that information. The current number for ATT Advanced Technical Support is 1 866-344-6217.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.