Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eleite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I'm on the ATT Next plan. My current iphone is completely paid off. I upgraded to 7+. Am I required to trade in my current iphone or since it's paid off can I sell it on ebay? Everywhere I see says I have to trade in, but nowhere does it seem to say if that's the case or not if the phone is 100% paid off.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
I'm on the ATT Next plan. My current iphone is completely paid off. I upgraded to 7+. Am I required to trade in my current iphone or since it's paid off can I sell it on ebay? Everywhere I see says I have to trade in, but nowhere does it seem to say if that's the case or not if the phone is 100% paid off.
If you trade it in, they will credit you the cost of a new iPhone 7 32g and you will only have to pay the difference since u got a 7+. But u will be locked into another two year contract.

eleite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
If you trade it in, they will credit you the cost of a new iPhone 7 32g and you will only have to pay the difference since u got a 7+. But u will be locked into another two year contract.

So the trade-in locks you into a two year contract even if you go with the Next plan? Hmm... I will visit my local store - thanks for the tip!

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
I don't think 2-year contracts exist anymore...? Instead, eleite will be on the hook for the cost of the phone. Which for eleite will be retail price minus trade-in credit of the old phone if they decide to do the trade-in, which isn't required. Pay it off day one, and eleite can do anything they want with the service. Pay it off via installments, and eleite can still do anything they want with the service - but will remain on the hook for the installment payments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.