Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
does anyone use this? My plan I have now is the same price as the new unlimited plan on att that includes this for free, and thinking about switching to it. But don’t want to go through the hassle if this service isn’t worth it. Can’t really find any good reviews online, only ones from when it first launched.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
If the plan is the same as your current one. Then there is no loss to you.

If I were you I would get it and use a combo of silicondust hometunHD/Channels App to fill in the missing locals

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
I use it and love it on an Apple tv 4k. I have not had any issues. I have an antenna and use Channels for ota which is a nice combo.
I’m just skeptical because I’ve had direct tv now for a while and that service is junk. I guess it don’t matter really, the plan I’m on now is the same price, and sake features minus the watch tv availablitlity thing. Would actually save me money because I wouldn’t have to pay for showtime to watch shameless.

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2011
I’m just skeptical because I’ve had direct tv now for a while and that service is junk. I guess it don’t matter really, the plan I’m on now is the same price, and sake features minus the watch tv availablitlity thing. Would actually save me money because I wouldn’t have to pay for showtime to watch shameless.

I had DNow and had no issues/buffering or any of that. I never used the DVR enough to know anything about it but WatchTv has been great. PQ is excellent too. I get it with my unlimited plan and have no complaints about it to this point.

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
Maybe I’ll give it ago then. Only thing I’ll lose out on is the time it takes to switch my plan. Thanks for your help

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2011
Maybe I’ll give it ago then. Only thing I’ll lose out on is the time it takes to switch my plan. Thanks for your help

I know that some have had various issues with DNow but it has been excellent for me. It may help with we have their fiber internet but Watch tv has been the same experience. I think they are planning to add channels and packages this fall too

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2018
I know that some have had various issues with DNow but it has been excellent for me. It may help with we have their fiber internet but Watch tv has been the same experience. I think they are planning to add channels and packages this fall too
That would definitely suck. I’ve tried it with charter internet and xfinity. Same issues on both. Ironically never had much of a problem on att cellular connection though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.