Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandkicks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Hi I am wondering if attaching the MagSafe duo to metal would some how mess it up. This in turn would work like a magnet. I am trying to make a makeshift stand for my iPhone to use with the standby feature. So I will be using a metal box and and folding the iPhone portion up and then attaching the iPhone on it so it is facing me when I sleep. It looks really good. I’m just wondering like I said if it will damage my phone or the MagSafe due at all. Thanks for your help! Have a great day!

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
I have the watch part open, and then the MagSafe duo folded in on itself. The watch part can prop it up and I put my iPhone on it using standby. Downside is you can’t charge your watch with it like that.

What I said probably made no sense. I’ll try to get a picture of it.

Edit:
IMG_0444.jpeg

Last edited:

sandkicks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I have the watch part open, and then the MagSafe duo folded in on itself. The watch part can prop it up and I put my iPhone on it using standby. Downside is you can’t charge your watch with it like that.

What I said probably made no sense. I’ll try to get a picture of it.

Edit:
View attachment 2218117
Very smart! I will try this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.