Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Another aspect of the new forums that some of you may have noticed is the way that image attachments are handled. Attached images will display a thumbnail(s) linked to the full size image(s) - that's right, you can attach more than one now and easily update/delete them later. Examples below.

Images linked from remote servers (if enabled in the forum) will display as follows:
magnum.gif

The upload process has also changed slightly. A window will pop-up, prompting you to browse to the file. It will upload it to the server right then and notify you of any issues with format or filesize. If it successfully uploads, just close the pop-up and submit your post.

Attachments

• afro6.jpg
    afro6.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 319
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 302

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
Awesome, but...

...that's a pretty disturbing image there. ;)

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 291

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I noticed that quite a few image links are going to be dead, for people linking images from other threads.

The last update made some minor changes in the method for image linking, and this update is completely different.

But it also allows you to link directly to a specific post in a thread much easier.
attachment.php

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Sun Baked said:
I noticed that quite a few image links are going to be dead, for people linking images from other threads.

The last update made some minor changes in the method for image linking, and this update is completely different.

But it also allows you to link directly to a specific post in a thread much easier.
attachment.php

Can you explain what you mean? I don't follow...

arn

Opteron

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2004
South Australia
Sun Baked said:
I noticed that quite a few image links are going to be dead, for people linking images from other threads.QUOTE]

in the "I built my First PC" thread in the community discussion fourm all the posted pics no longer show up :confused:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Opteron said:
Sun Baked said:
I noticed that quite a few image links are going to be dead, for people linking images from other threads.QUOTE]

in the "I built my First PC" thread in the community discussion fourm all the posted pics no longer show up :confused:

gotcha....

I'm generating all attachment thumbnails now.... so they will start appearing soon.

arn

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Try this instead to see if the image tags resolve to various image address method (old to new)...

Really old image address method. "h ttp://forums.macrumors.com/ attachment.php?s= 3d2a79e33fd56fe78a39f293e33dc1d3 &postid=169551"

attachment.php

Update "https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=169551"

Updated Image
attachment.php

Preious Method "https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=169551"

Preious Image
attachment.php

version 3.0.0 "https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2980"

version 3.0.0 image
attachment.php

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.