Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerPC1995

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2024
Canon stopped updated their drivers for catalina and beyond. I have this nice photo printer and it is not recognizable on my iMac. The latest downloadable driver from Canon is the version before Catalina.

Is there a hack or workaround I can use to use this printer?

Thank you.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
You might be out of luck. You might also be able to make it work without the drivers by using a different print protocol. Here is something I found that may or may not help you.

Reactions: PowerPC1995

PowerPC1995

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2024
You might be out of luck. You might also be able to make it work without the drivers by using a different print protocol. Here is something I found that may or may not help you.

Thank you! I'll try it!

PowerPC1995

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2024

Thanks! I'm reading it now and will check it out, thank you!

PowerPC1995

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2024
Canon stopped updated their drivers for catalina and beyond. I have this nice photo printer and it is not recognizable on my iMac. The latest downloadable driver from Canon is the version before Catalina.

Is there a hack or workaround I can use to use this printer?

Thank you.
I found a cable online that will connect an iphone to a printer. Is that a good idea? I don't want to short out my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.