Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fpb1980

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
philadelphia
Hello, I have an apple tv 3rd generation and schlage sense lock. Before I updated to ios10 and schlage sense app to the new version, I was able to control the lock from the app anywhere without a bluetooth connection.

Yesterday after the update, I can only access the lock when there is a bluetooth connection.

Did all homekit support go away for the Apple TV 3? In the homekit app on my iphone it states that my apple tv is disabled but I can't find anywhere on the ATV to enable it. I've tried logging out of icloud and also restarting the ATV.

Thanks.

Fpb1980

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
philadelphia

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
totally and I can't even get my atv3 to work as a hub. I would be okay if my lock app still worked without the homekit app but can't get it to.

While connected to your wi-fi? At least one person in that thread says he can't use the app when he's not on his network any more. That sort of implies that he can when he's on his network (if it doesn't work at all, he's being oddly specific).

Fpb1980

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
philadelphia
While connected to your wi-fi? At least one person in that thread says he can't use the app when he's not on his network any more. That sort of implies that he can when he's on his network (if it doesn't work at all, he's being oddly specific).

When I am on bluetooth and wifi it works. When I disconnect bluetooth nothing works regardless if I am on wifi or away from my house.

Fpb1980

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
philadelphia
Just spoke with Schlage and they can't get it to work on their end either. They mentioned that this was an Apple decision the ATV 3 probably will no longer work with the lock at all except on Bluetooth. Thanks Apple.

BodrogZs

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Hungary
I can confirm that Apple TV 3 is working as a HUB (at least mine).

I had to reset the network settings on my iPhone 6s and iPad Air (both running IOS 10), and use WiFi instead of ethernet cable with ATV.

I can access all my HUE Lights remotely (or when disabling wifi and bluetooth on my iDevices).

I hope it helps...

IMG_0116.jpg

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID must be enabled.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.