Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Tewksbury Massachusetts
Greetings all,

I have a new MAME4apple Xcode project that works well on all iOS devices including the Apple TV 4th Gen. The project can be found on GitHub at the following link:
MAME4apple on GitHub

Here's a link to the Wiki:
MAME4apple Wiki

And a link to a YouTube video showing some gameplay:
MAME4apple YouTube

It's a completely new project rebuilt from the ground up using the MAME 0.37b5 source code. Please use the MAME4all rom set (0.37b5) and follow the directions on the Wiki for copying the roms to the app before installing to the Apple TV.

This is an Xcode project which means you'll need Xcode and a developer account (can be a free one) in order to build and install the project to your Apple TV or any iOS 10 device. This project does NOT require any kind of jailbreak.

All MFi controllers are supported. The Apple TV Siri remote is not supported at this time and if you're running on an iOS 10 device the touch controls are experimental. It is highly recommended that you use a MFi controller to play the games.

The project is a work-in-progress and will get better as it matures but at this time all games are playable and work well on the Apple TV and iOS 10 devices.

Enjoy!

- Les

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
This question may be stupid or obvious, so please forgive my ignorance on the topic. Is this software going to have the same 7-day reinstallation requirement for free developer accounts? I assume there is no way around that, but I don't know much about it in the first place.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
This question may be stupid or obvious, so please forgive my ignorance on the topic. Is this software going to have the same 7-day reinstallation requirement for free developer accounts? I assume there is no way around that, but I don't know much about it in the first place.
yes it would

iLes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Tewksbury Massachusetts
Do neogeo games work ? And does mj moonwalker work ?

It appears that Neo-Geo games do indeed work. As far as I can tell mj moonwalker is not part of the MAME4all rom set. Be sure to use the rom set for MAME 0.37b5 which is also known as the MAME4all rom set.
[doublepost=1479575663][/doublepost]

I actually did not know there was a 7 day re-install limit for free dev accounts. Doesn't make it very appealing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.