Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Hey guys. i already did a search for "Audi" and nothing turned up.

A while back, Audi released a driving game to commemorate their new 2009 Audi A4 sedan (nice car, but still not as feature-rich/powerful/fuel efficient as the lexus ES 350)

it was a bad game. Now they have updated it, and it is really nice update. New tracks, much easier to drive. and for free, so you can't complain. I suggest you guys download it.

There are about 5 tracks, and after you beat it with the first car, it unlocks a second more powerful car.

I think the more people download an app, maybe the more likely the developer will update it down the road?

Pay no attention to the reviews on the page. They are undoubtedly for the original version of the game, which certainly deserved the 2 stars. I would say that the current version deserves 4 stars at least (out of 5)

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
If you put lip stick on a pig, its still a pig.

unless you take the pig out back, kill it, then replace it with a reasonably attractive female, then invite her over for bacon. :)

seriously, try the new version. it is like night and day

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
I deleted the first version as well. I tried this last night and the improvements are good enough for me to keep it on the phone a while.

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Free game!!! Cool!

I love car games, too! Just downloaded it! :)

i also love car games, but the reviews for the other car games have been bad. As a result, i've avoided buying the car games. Did you buy any other car games, and if so, how does it compare to this one?

I've had my eye on the "Asphalt" game, but ilounge's review faults it for framerates, controls, and crashes. (a recent update is supposed to have fixed the crashes)

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/gameloft-sa-asphalt-4-elite-racing/

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
i also love car games, but the reviews for the other car games have been bad. As a result, i've avoided buying the car games. Did you buy any other car games, and if so, how does it compare to this one?

I've had my eye on the "Asphalt" game, but ilounge's review faults it for framerates, controls, and crashes. (a recent update is supposed to have fixed the crashes)

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/gameloft-sa-asphalt-4-elite-racing/

I havent bought anything for my iPod touch, I only download free stuff as I dont have a proper iTunes Store Account and also I'm a cheapskate... Anything free I'll download, though! :p

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Just had a quick play, its not that bad, gets a bit boring through... Also, its obvious the only purpose of that game is to advertise Audi's new cars, they didnt really put much effort into making it a entertaining game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.