Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pax-eterna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2022
I've seen quite a few of the available adapters for this (USB-C + HDMI + USB 2) ports...I think I can safely ascertain there is no drama in getting the video out from the iPad to an external monitor, however what none of them specify, is whether the USB 2 port can be connected to an audio interface so I can get audio out as a separate signal to go to a mixer.

Can anyone confirm if these adapters will allow this?

pax-eterna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2022
165 views and no-one has any clue? Guess it will have to be google and FB instead.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
I've seen quite a few of the available adapters for this (USB-C + HDMI + USB 2) ports...I think I can safely ascertain there is no drama in getting the video out from the iPad to an external monitor, however what none of them specify, is whether the USB 2 port can be connected to an audio interface so I can get audio out as a separate signal to go to a mixer.

try yourself

pax-eterna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2022
try yourself

Why should I spend $100 to "try", when I am sure there are thousands who have already tried it, yet cannot be bothered to post. Tell you what if I do, I will post back it's solved, but will not divulge any further information than that.

• Wow
Reactions: LibbyLA

HDFan

macrumors 604
Jun 30, 2007
whether the USB 2 port can be connected to an audio interface

1. Which iPad?
2. No iPad has a USB 2 port so I assume you are referring to a lightning/USB-C conversion cable?
3. I can listen to audio via a USB-2 Audioquest DAC on an iPad Pro using a conversion cable. When connecting it I am asked if the connection it is for headphones. Haven't tried with other external audio devices.

Why should I spend $100 to "try"

3. Because that is the only guaranteed way to tell without knowing the hardware which will be used. Connections to external devices is always problematic. That's why you purchase from a seller with a good return policy.

UnlikelyLass

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2016

I don’t specifically know the answer, but I do know I have one USB C dongle with HDMI, USB A, and a 3.5mm headphone jack, so it’s definitely possible to get the video and audio signals out as distinct signals with the right adapters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.