Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Red Cube

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Iowa
I just bootcamped my late 2009 13" vanilla MB (running 10.8.4) with a 50 GB partition. I got my W7 partition up to date, and everything is fine except that there is no sound. I'm using the Boot Camp 4.0.4033 support software.
Help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

alexrmc92

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2013
I just bootcamped my late 2009 13" vanilla MB (running 10.8.4) with a 50 GB partition. I got my W7 partition up to date, and everything is fine except that there is no sound. I've tried installing the boot camp drivers, thinking it may included drivers for audio, but when I open the setup, it says "Installation error: Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model."
Help would be appreciated.

Are you using the latest version of bootcamp?

4.0.4033 is the latest for your mac

alexrmc92

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2013
Yes, I am.

This error usually means that 64 bit windows isn't supported by bootcamp on your mac. But if you have a 2009 MBP then that wouldn't make much sense.

try right clicking the bootcamp64.msi file and chose "troubleshoot compatibility"

Red Cube

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Iowa
This error usually means that 64 bit windows isn't supported by bootcamp on your mac. But if you have a 2009 MBP then that wouldn't make much sense.

try right clicking the bootcamp64.msi file and chose "troubleshoot compatibility"
I have the bootcamp 4.0.4033 support software installed already, or do I have to have a newer version instead?

alexrmc92

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2013
I have the bootcamp 4.0.4033 support software installed already, or do I have to have a newer version instead?

Before you edited your post you said that the support software errored on "Bootcamp x64 is unsupported..."

Red Cube

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Iowa
Before you edited your post you said that the support software errored on "Bootcamp x64 is unsupported..."
The latest version (AKA v5) of the support software is not compatible with vanilla MBs from late 2009, though v4 is. I installed v4, and everything works fine. My fault.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.