Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rnodern

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Hi there,

Since iOS 9, I have been experiencing strange audio glitching while listening to music in the background and playing games in the foreground with in-game sounds off.

I play ingress a lot. And I have had numerous iPhones. All seem to lack the ability to play music and game at the same time. I've also experienced audio glitching when locking the phone while playing music, or using Chrome or Safari while it's loading an intensive page, or has multiple tabs open. It doesn't matter if it's streaming audio or local files. It also doesn't matter if it's via bluetooth, internal speaker or out of audio port. It appears like it just can't process the two at the same time.

So far, I have experienced the issue on a 6+, 6S+, 7 and now an iPhone X. I'm not sure what to try to fix or at least minimize this issue. I don't want to stop listening to music. And I don't want to stop playing games. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.