Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orfilm55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
UK
Hi everyone,

So, this issue happens ONLY on the two users I transferred from my old mac( 2012 13" Macbook Pro i7 non retina).

When I open a new user, even though I could use all the apps installed from the old users there is no sound / audio issue.

I'm trying to figure out what plist or what other settings I could change to make this go away, maybe one of you had this??

I've tried deleting some audio plist and tried killing the audio process from activity monitor but no luck so far.

Adding a video showing the issue:

Thanks,

orfilm55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
UK
What devices do you have listed in the Audio MIDI Setup app?
It shows DisplayPort (Dell screen) and Mac mini Speakers.

But it shows the same on the new user and I don't have the issue on this user.

Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
It shows DisplayPort (Dell screen) and Mac mini Speakers.

But it shows the same on the new user and I don't have the issue on this user.

I was wondering if you were getting some sort of internal feedback from extra audio software (Soundflower etc) but that's not the situation.

It would seem to be as you are suspecting...something messed up on the User Accounts that were restored.

I have NOT seen this one before. Not sure what to suggest other than it's probably something in /Users/<accountname>/Library/Preferences.

orfilm55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
UK
No one got a clue? I've tried SMC and Pram btw, no game, just don't understand how could it even be... Maybe a Terminal command?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.