Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cewong2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2021
I used @dosdude1 's Patcher Tool and upgarded my iMac 11,1 to Mojave. At first it wouldn't boot up at all, and I couldn't get it to start until I plugged the HDD into my MacBook AIR, and booted the drive. When I plugged it back into the iMac it started up.

I applied the patches it recommended and went from there. From the start I couldn't get the Audio, iSight and Video Playback to work (Videos won't play). Again I plugged it back into the MBA started it up, and saw that everythign was workign with the MBA's hardware, so I decided to just plug it back into the iMac, and then miraculously eveything worked there too. Flashforward to today, all of a sudden the audio stopped working. I decided to use the patcher tool to reinstall the patches, and still no luck.

I found another thread post by @jackluke on getting audio to work on Big Sur, and it looked like it was basically just needing to use the High Sierra Kext, and registering it to MacOS. so I followed the instructions he wrote: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...d.2242172/page-38?post=28614080#post-28614080

When I do 'kextcache -i /' I get a bunch of rejection errors:

Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f81177a6a30 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SIPManager.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.SIPManager" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f811772c800 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBInjector.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBInjector" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f81174fbac0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f81177780f0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily" }
Rejecting invalid/inauthentic kext for bundle id com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily at location file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f8117783bd0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f811777e5e0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleMikeyDriver" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f81177738c0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }
Rejecting invalid/inauthentic kext for bundle id com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController at location file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/.
Rejecting invalid/inauthentic kext for bundle id com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily at location file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f811779b8f0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib" }
Rejecting invalid/inauthentic kext for bundle id com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib at location file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/.
Rejecting invalid/inauthentic kext for bundle id com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController at location file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/.
Rejecting invalid/inauthentic kext for bundle id com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib at location file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/.
Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7f81177a6a30 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SIPManager.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.SIPManager" }
KernelCache ID: B91C0AF9F5D122C7616E9FE5AD3AC515
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe81943c7d0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTesla.kext/", ID = "com.apple.GeForceTesla" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe81961fd00 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBInjector.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBInjector" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe816d019c0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe8193d7ce0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe8194f6f70 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleMikeyDriver" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe81953c460 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe8195490a0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe8194f79b0 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe8194e8830 [0x7fffab8a18f0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SIPManager.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.SIPManager" }

and then the next 2 commands: kmutil and kcditto returns: command not found.

I don't know what to do at this point as, reinstalling Dosdude1's patches doesn't work and the manual installation also didn't work. Can someone maybe give me some help?

EDIT: Looks like i'm unable to play MP4 videos again.

Last edited:

cewong2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2021
Looks like after trying a few other commands of getting the audio kext to go through. I then reset PRAM/NVRAM and my sound is back. I can also play video again. I had a couple of them KEXTs still give me an invalid reply but I can't remember which ones.

cewong2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2021
yes it does.

I had upgraded components in this imac, SSD, and combined wifi/blutooth chip, also added an antenna since the new one uses 3.

I can get airdrop to work properly, but I can't seem to get continuity/handoff to work, nor use my watch to unlock it. the mac does say that continuity and handoff are enabled. I installed a BCM943602CDP chip into it. but right now I can't complain. I'll figure out that part next at some point.

Other than that everything else seems to work. I guess though that it ties together when I get into the patcher USB stick, my wireless mouse doesn't work either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.