Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamie.shaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
Mansfield, UK
Hi,

Since upgrading to iOS 10.1, or for the past few days at least, I'm noticing issues with both the standard Music and Podcast apps pausing randomly for no reason. This happens both when walking with bluetooth headphones and when connected to the car via lightning.

I can't find a root cause but at the moment the suspect is the Facebook app. Closing it from the multitasking tray seems to do the trick but can't confirm if this is actually the case or just coincidental. I do know that the Facebook iOS app has had background issues (audio, again, perhaps?) in the past that have caused battery life woes, etc.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue at all?

(On a side note, I'm also finding issues where the Podcasts app will drop it's artwork during playback, or all information all together. The lock screen will show the standard placeholder artwork, no title, and "--:--" for the timestamps on the scrubber.)

upintheclouds

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
This seems to be happening to me too on iOS 10.1.1. My music is locally downloaded and I am wired in, but for whatever reason a song will just randomly pause. I'm not sure what the cause is, but its super annoying.

jamie.shaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
Mansfield, UK
This seems to be happening to me too on iOS 10.1.1. My music is locally downloaded and I am wired in, but for whatever reason a song will just randomly pause. I'm not sure what the cause is, but its super annoying.

Do you have Life360 installed? I figured out that this was the cause of the issue, and after informing Life360, they *magically* updated it the same day to fix the issue.

Djilkosh

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2016
Serbia
Yup, I have not the same problem, but it has similarities. When I listen to music on headphones and using Viber. Going in and out of Viber, music just stop and resume in second. The problem is that I have only problem with Viber and some songs, not with all of them, so that's strange. Secondly, even more strange is that same songs playing on loudspeaker don't have any of those problems... So where is the catch?

iPhone 7
iOS 10.1.1

Don't have clue...

Kidder1994

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Same happens here... even with apple music downloaded songs... idk what would cause the issue so i hope they fix it in the next update

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.