Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swwack91

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
New Jersey
Hi everyone,

I would love to use my Apple Watch at the gym without my iPhone nearby. I have accessible wifi when I'm at the gym.

As a Spotify user, I haven't switched to Apple Music to use its offline music (on watch) feature.

I also haven't been able to find an audio app that will stream over wifi local to the watch without an iPhone connected. I've tried Overcast, Pandora, and iHeartRadio.

Has anyone found an audio app that will do playback directly from the watch while no iPhone is connected?

Thanks!

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Hi everyone,

I would love to use my Apple Watch at the gym without my iPhone nearby. I have accessible wifi when I'm at the gym.

As a Spotify user, I haven't switched to Apple Music to use its offline music (on watch) feature.

I also haven't been able to find an audio app that will stream over wifi local to the watch without an iPhone connected. I've tried Overcast, Pandora, and iHeartRadio.

Has anyone found an audio app that will do playback directly from the watch while no iPhone is connected?

Thanks!

Your best bet (right now) is Apple Music. And you don't even have to use offline mode I guess.

swwack91

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
New Jersey
Your best bet (right now) is Apple Music. And you don't even have to use offline mode I guess.

Does anyone know if this is a limitation Apple is imposing on 3rd party apps or if 3rd party developers are failing to incorporate this functionality into their Watch apps?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Does anyone know if this is a limitation Apple is imposing on 3rd party apps or if 3rd party developers are failing to incorporate this functionality into their Watch apps?

It's just that Spotify won't make watch app for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.