Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ManuConde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2021
Audio problem "clicks & Pops" in mojave 10.14.6

Hi guys,

I have a Mac Pro 4.1 updated to 5.1
- 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor
- Memory 32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2 GB graphics
- Crucial MX500 1 TB SSD" System Disk
- Drive 2 Crucial MX500 2 TB SSD
- Drive 3 Crucial MX500 2 TB SSD
- Drive 4 Toshiba 1 TB "Mechanical"
- USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller

I am dedicated to composing music for film and music production.

I currently work with logic Pro 10.5.1 for composition and production, and with Pro Tools 2020 for mixing. I use a Firewire "Metric Halo ULN-2" audio interface.

A fortnight ago I upgraded from High Sierra to mojave to be able to work with Logic pro 10.5.1, everything works fine until I start working with Logic and I hear that the audio is not working well. You hear "Clicks & Pops" is not continuous, but intermittent. Curiously, With Safari you also have those "Clicks & Pops", but with Firefox or another browser none of this happens. All this happens with external audio interfaces like the Metric halo with which I work, but with the internal audio interface of the Mac Pro none of this happens. I anticipate that I have tried with audio interface of other brands that I borrowed to be able to find the error.
An "Antelope over USB 3.0" audio converter and a "Yamaha UR22 over USB 2.0" audio interface

With Pro Tools I don't hear "Clicks & Pops", but I do get this error:

"errors have been encountered in sessions at low buffer sizes with as few as one Virtual Instrument. ... AAE 6101"

But at Avid they answer this to this error.

"Troubleshooting AAE Error -6101 11/03/2020
AAE Error -6101 is caused by an underrun in the Core Audio driver. ... audio interface, place the hard drive in between the computer and the audio interface. Troubleshooting AAE Error -6101 "

With which I had to lower the HW Buffer size from 256 samples to 1024 samples to be able to reproduce the audio in Protools.

All this happened when I was upgraded to Mojave, with High Sierra none of this happened to me. The truth is that I am desperate.

If someone had this same problem and has been able to solve it, I would be very grateful if you could help me to solve it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.