Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDreaded26

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Greetings, I am just wondering if anyone out there has tried audio sharing with beats solo 3 wireless. I cannot get it to share the audio it just replaces the connection to the phone that my AirPods had. Wasn’t sure if it was a software issue that needs to be addressed. Thanks!

TheDreaded26

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016

interesting that the support page mentions the beats

lint2015

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
Did you get this to work? I tried to use Audio Sharing with two pairs of Beats Solo 3 Wireless on an iPad Pro (3rd Gen) and got the same result. If I tried to select Share Audio in the output menu, and hold the second pair near the iPad, it just results in an error instead.

TheDreaded26

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
I never could get it to work. The work around I had to do is connect both devices to the same iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth and make sure both were connected in the Bluetooth menu. Then it would play audio to both. I even chatted with apple support about about it and they couldn’t help me

lint2015

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
LOL, that's disappointing. But good to know both can be connected and used simultaneously in the Bluetooth menu, I'll try that and see. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.