Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ceviche Lover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Hey,

I have had this issue for about a year maybe which is really annoying. If I am wearing my Airpods lets say outside my home and walking to the front door, the second I am on my porch, the audio will stop. They don't disconnect because I can see them still connected to my phone, but ussually I have to reopen whatever I am listening to and hit the play button to resume. This happens no matter what app I use. When I use Spotify, I see the connection goes from 'AirPod Pro' to 'Wired Connection'.

These kinds of interruptions will happen maybe 5 to 10 times every 30 mins and the catch is this ONLY happens at home. This happens when everything is fully charged. I have also tried factory reset and repairing, same issue. I also tried disconnecting all Wifi devices @ home and same result.

The only thing I havent tried yet is pairing to another phone, but I can try that as I have a second phone I use for work.

Any ideas? They are under AppleCare but no use getting them checked out if I tell them this only happens at home. They'll just blame something at home is interfering with them and that will be that.

Thanks

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
These kinds of interruptions will happen maybe 5 to 10 times every 30 mins and the catch is this ONLY happens at home.
No other Apple devices in home you have paired the AirPods with? Apple TV? iPad? Non-Apple devices?

Ceviche Lover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Funny you mention that. I totally forgot I had them paired to my Apple Watch, which I mostly keep on the charger except for exercise. I unpaired them now. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.