Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jhw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
ma
I have an iBook G4 running os x 10.3.9 with
PowerPC G4 (1.1),1.07 GHz,Memory:256 MB

I have gotten into using garageband for composing. I just have garageband 1.1.0 (26). at this point i'd like to get more capability out of garageband which i believe means upgrading my version to possibly garageband 2.
Additionally, I would like to look into getting logic express but of course the current version 7.2 is not compatible with os 10.3.9:mad:
Is anyone out there running more recent versions of garageband with os 10.3.9 and if so, which version and does it allow you to use most of the new jampacks? did you have to install ilife '06 and did you feel it was worth it? could you use your old garageband files with your new version of garageband? I'm also afraid of losing the compositions i already have on file altho perhaps i could convert all the tracks to mp3 files so at least i can in a pinch reuse them.
does anyone have logic express running with os x10.3.9 and if so which version?
basically i am trying to determine if i can get the functionality i'd like without having to upgrade my os to 10.4 - any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. it's all pretty confusing to me:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.