Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RJ_Online93

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hello fellow Australians, Anyone that purchased the M1 iPad Pro from an Australian Telco (Optus, Telstra or Vodafone). Have you received your order yet? If not what are the issues?

I am still awaiting my order after three weeks from Optus. Today after speaking with customer service I was advised Optus will no longer receive stock for the M1 12.9 and that they can not fulfil my order.

milgauss88

macrumors member
May 2, 2021
I didn’t buy from the telcos but from what I can see, Apple store is showing mid July delivery, meaning telcos are likely to experience longer delays. It’s probably why they told you they can’t fulfil your order. Good luck!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Apple runs out of their iPad stocks much faster than I anticipated. Was lucky to get two exchanges within return window. If someone got any 12.9” iPad Pro 2021 and have major issues, he/she would not even be able to exchange during the return window, and has to take refund and wait for the stock comes back to order.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Hello fellow Australians, Anyone that purchased the M1 iPad Pro from an Australian Telco (Optus, Telstra or Vodafone). Have you received your order yet? If not what are the issues?

I am still awaiting my order after three weeks from Optus. Today after speaking with customer service I was advised Optus will no longer receive stock for the M1 12.9 and that they can not fulfil my order.
Honest question....what are the benefits of ordering from a telco as opposed to ordering directly from Apple?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Honest question....what are the benefits of ordering from a telco as opposed to ordering directly from Apple?
Maybe telco offer? Bundle with data plan that are interested? Offer more monthly payment options than Apple? I dunno, but at least in Sydney, financing Apple devices through data plan is generally easier than directly from Apple.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts

When will somebody create an M1 iPad Pro thread for Antarctica? I'm waiting... :rolleyes:

Digec

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2021
I ordered from Vodafone because they offered 36 months interest free payments on the device plus I got 50% discount on a data plan.

Digec

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2021

Placed an order for M1 iPad Pro 12.9” on the 26/05. Vodafone promised delivery on 06/07. The day arrived and nothing happened so I gave them a call. Vodafone couldn’t commit to a new date. The following day I received a sms that the shipping date for my order has changed. The new expected shipping date is 12/08. That will be exactly 78 calendar days since my order date.

Surfman

Suspended
May 24, 2021
Stuff the telcos Telstra for me, got my 256gb 12.9” wifi on release day from my local Harvey Norman, 3 years interest free. Just hotspot to my iPhones huge data plan when needed. First iPad I have had wifi only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.