Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
I've been looking everywhere, but it is almost next to impossible to find any authentic mac desktop images on the internet. I'm really looking for more traditional ones like the ones in the picture below:
screensaverwindow.jpg

I don't have a screen shot of any in the "Apple Background..." category, but the one shown in the upper left corner titled "Water" is nice. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it. I have been looking for months and the only one that I have been able to find is:
Aqua_Blue.jpg

and the same one but gray. I'm using winxp (I know, I know, but I'm switching when I go to college), so the if the pics could be in something that it can read would be really nice. Thank in advance!

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
?I have a bunch of the old ones, from classic....
Ive posted a few to show examples

Attachments

• Ripple Poppy.jpg
    Ripple Poppy.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Murky Woods.jpg
    Murky Woods.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Space Dawn-(1280x1024).jpg
    Space Dawn-(1280x1024).jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 131

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...ah, memories....I used to use the "murky woods" pic for my desktop, only I changed the hue to a really darkish blue......oh yeah!

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
All of the desktops can be found in (Home Volume)-->Library-->Desktop Pictures. Unfortunately, that folder is 33 mb in size and that would take me about 3 hours to upload. Perhaps someone with faster speeds could do it?

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
Thanks for the point in the right direction, ham_man. Hopefully this will help guide some people to the right spot :cool:

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
I found a web site that has a good number of pictures. So, I guess I'm pretty much done with the search. If anyone else still wants to contribute, I'll still take them. Thank for everyone who has helped!

-Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.