Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
This isn't working. I have it turned on and I have it set to allow over cellular data.

I have two day old updates.

Is this a 8.1 bug?

Thanks.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Works for me.

Plug phone into power and make sure wifi is on.

Cubsfan16

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014
Works for me.

I never needed it plugged in for it to work. I'd be at work with no Wi-Fi and a badge app icon would appear, the app would not update until I got home with a wi-fi connection. The phone did not need to be plugged in. Now nothing happens unless I go into the app store and go to updates and do it manually.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Works for me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415142877.222108.jpg

I have cellular data on and it never updates.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
View attachment 511566

I have cellular data on and it never updates.

I believe the update has to be less than 100MB to download over cellular.

Could be an issue caused by the jailbreak? I'm not saying it is, it could've happened before you jailbroke or could be happening to those not jailbroken, just saying.

It works fine for me, but I have download over Cellular off. Mine download over wifi.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA

Could be an issue caused by the jailbreak? I'm not saying it is, it could've happened before you jailbroke or could be happening to those not jailbroken, just saying.

It works fine for me, but I have download over Cellular off. Mine download over wifi.

I was on iOS 8.1 for a little bit before I jailbroke and I still had this issue.

All the pending updates I have are not very large.

----------

I don't use wifi ever, so I would like this to work over cellular.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Now on the phone with Apple tech. They said I have done everything that they would have done. They are writing a ticket to possible add this issue to the next update.

Cubsfan16

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014
Now on the phone with Apple tech. They said I have done everything that they would have done. They are writing a ticket to possible add this issue to the next update.

I hope so, it's not that big of a deal but I got used to it and now it kinda sucks that it's not working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.