Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryubyss

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2014
I turned-capitalization off under preferences, but the iPad (fifth generation, using a Brydge keyboard) appear to have other ideas. yesterday I sporadically had auto-capitalization, sometimes not. today I had auto-capitlization as the default, even, though, as I said, under Settings I had auto-capitalization turned off.

if I make the virtual keyboard appear to see what it does, I can see the virtual shift key activate when I begin a new sentence, before I disable it. help?

SuperMiguel

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
I turned-capitalization off under preferences, but the iPad (fifth generation, using a Brydge keyboard) appear to have other ideas. yesterday I sporadically had auto-capitalization, sometimes not. today I had auto-capitlization as the default, even, though, as I said, under Settings I had auto-capitalization turned off.

if I make the virtual keyboard appear to see what it does, I can see the virtual shift key activate when I begin a new sentence, before I disable it. help?

same issue very annoying.. i keep wanting to log as root and damm thing types Root

ryubyss

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2014
do you use a Brydge keyboard? or do you have the same problem without it? without the keyboard paired, the iPad did not autocapitalize.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.