Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Does anyone know of an app or a way to have my lock screen wallpaper automatically change once a day... Or at any interval even, without jail breaking?

harrisonw1998

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2011
Unfortunately, such an app wouldn't be approved by Apple-- third party apps can't access most settings and such.

You can set wallpapers from some images in other apps but the app can't automatically do it for you per Apple's restrictions imposed on developers.

Hope this helps.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Unfortunately, such an app wouldn't be approved by Apple-- third party apps can't access most settings and such.

You can set wallpapers from some images in other apps but the app can't automatically do it for you per Apple's restrictions imposed on developers.

Hope this helps.
That's interesting that Apple wouldn't allow it, but if you want to keep it to yourself, here's a quick little bit I wrote in AppleScript. Left running, it changes the wallpaper to an image file 1 hour later. Someone else can dress it up a bit with say, looped customizable delays and randomized image selections.

Code:
delay 3600
tell application "Finder"
	set desktop picture to "Macintosh HD:Library:Desktop Pictures:Beach.jpg"
end tell

marvinmarcos

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

It is now 2016 and dooes anybody know if this has changed for IOS 9?

I would like to be able to automatically change my wallpapers in a timed period.

Thank you for your feedback!

Best regards,
Marvin

Myktronic

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2016
It's frustrating cause my work phone is an android and I use the Muzei app to do just this

Meatius

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2017
So now it's 2017 and fast approaching 2018 and every other device except Apple can do this, even on a retarded Nokia windows phone they have the BING screens to change daily yet, Apple still offer you the basically ******** of a wallpaper to look at until the next update of shiftfest with the next IOS

chris090

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2019
This is SO SAD!!!

It may not be relevant to others, but I love how my windows 10 laptop changes beautiful wallpapers very often.

I recently had a look at a friend’s phone (he has a huawei) and every time he unlocked the phone he’d get a new wallpaper. I asked what he had to install / configure for that and he had to do NOTHING. Out of the box UX.

I’ve been waiting for years for my iPad / iPhone to have those capabilities. Only options are to Jailbreak.

One of many things I’d like to configure. I guess my only real alternative is to replace my iPhone with an Android...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.