Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Hello,

I have a NAS system that has the auto upload function set for my iPhone. However, I would like to take those photos and have them auto upload into Apple Photos app. Is there anything that can do this? I am assuming automator, but I have searched and I haven't been able to find something meets my needs. I have the one part done with the getting them off my phone automatically, now I would like to get them into the app.

Thanks

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Why not sync the iPhone through iTunes, and then the photos will go straight to Photos?

Because I do it all via wifi. Unless there is something that I am missing. Once I hit my wifi zone, I fire up the app and it automatically sends all my photos to a folder. The NAS box does have a photo viewer, with some controls, but I would like to use the Photos app on my Mac.

I don't want to have to connect each time. Because I don't always sit down at my computer.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
You don't have to connect with a wire. Just turn on iCloud Photos and they all stay in sync automatically. If you’re anti-iCloud, an Automater folder action will be easy to create.

Last edited:

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Have you tried playing with Automator? You could probably make a script to run daily. Ordering Photos to import a given folder then Finder empty the contents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.