Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AM2354

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2020
I hope I am at the right place to be asking this question, but is there an app or shortcut that can be developed that when i get home my iPhone recognizes my network and automatically unlocks my phone, and when I walk away fro the network it auto locks. This can be set for any WiFi you set your iPhone to, and last and most importantly to have the ability to shut off that feature. I have to say it's annoying to have Siri say she can't tell you your message without unlocking your phone, and you are in the middle of cooking dinner.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
You marked the issue as resolved. I’m curious how did you manage to get your iPhone to stay unlocked when on a local network? I know it’s a thing on android but I didn’t know it’s possible on iOS.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
The only way I know of is to jailbreak and I'm not sure there is a current tweak for this.

Cleverpin was the original and worked for iOS 4 to iOS 8.

There may be others (Smartpass/Safehouse), but I don't know anything about those. Might want to check on the jailbreak subreddit if you really want to pursue this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.