Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikefn2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Hey guys.

I just got finish setting up my mom's iPhone 6+, straight out the box. It wasn't pre-loaded with 8.1.1, so I had to update it. Before I updated, I noticed the "Never" option was missing.

I figured I had to update it to 8.1.1 as I hadn't paid attention much to notice if Apple had removed it in iOS 8. Needless to say, it's still missing and only shows 1-5 Minutes.

Anyone else experience this?

Nikefn2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
I just did a little research and apparently the "Never" option can be removed by an Exchange admin. if you have an Exchange account setup on your phone.

I just took a look at her mail profiles and one of them is an Exchange account. I'm just removed the account from her 4S and the "Never" option appeared again.

Thanks guys!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just did a little research and apparently the "Never" option can be removed by an Exchange admin. if you have an Exchange account setup on your phone.

I just took a look at her mail profiles and one of them is an Exchange account. I'm just removed the account from her 4S and the "Never" option appeared again.

Thanks guys!
Yup, that usually explains some things of this nature. It sounded like you were doing this without anything on the phone at all ("straight out of the box") which made it seem odd that you would see something like that, but if it had some things loaded on it, like an Exchange account in particular, then that can easily explain it.

Danylopez

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2017
Yup, that usually explains some things of this nature. It sounded like you were doing this without anything on the phone at all ("straight out of the box") which made it seem odd that you would see something like that, but if it had some things loaded on it, like an Exchange account in particular, then that can easily explain it.
[doublepost=1490945306][/doublepost]Hello guys, do you know if there's a way to use Exchange and also have the never auto lock option? Thank you in advance!!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
[doublepost=1490945306][/doublepost]
Hello guys, do you know if there's a way to use Exchange and also have the never auto lock option? Thank you in advance!!
That would depend on the provider of the Exchange account and how they have configured things like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.