Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
I am going to be without cell phone service for a few days this week. I have my business phone being forwarded to another number for phone calls, but I receive a lot of text messages for work and want to have an auto reply sent if someone sends me a text. I cant for the life of me figure out how to do it. It seems "do not disturb while driving" would allow me to have a custom text message auto reply, but I cant find it in Focus settings anywhere. I'm on iOS15. Only options I see are work, personal and sleep in the focus settings. Nothing about while driving.

Anyone know how I can set up an auto reply to text messages to let people know I'm out of cell phone service range? I want to auto reply a text to contact the number I have calls forwarded to.

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Update I figured it out for the most part. I just had to add "driving" to focus. Now when thats turned on and I get a text from any saved contact, it auto replies. My only wish is that I could have the auto reply sent to EVERY text I receive from anybody, not just my contacts. I dont have every customer I do work for saved in my phone.

Last edited:

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Thanks. See my 2nd post above. I just wish I could have it auto reply to every number, not just my saved contacts

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Up until iOS 8, BiteSMS, which is a jailbreak tweak, had this feature natively. You could also schedule text messages to send. Of all the JB tweaks and apps that Apple chose to rip off they left this one alone and BiteSMS is long gone. Shame.

No idea what's available for jailbreak now (been out of that scene for over a year) but there's still lots of room for feature improvement with iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.