Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pctechtv

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Is there anyway to send iPhone photos (at time of snap) to a PC. To be clear when the picture is taken as it is saved to my iPhone storage I want a copy sent to a folder on my Windows PC. If there is anyway to do this or any other ideas please let me know. Thanks

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Only two ways I know of and both require a third party app. There may be other apps that do this and other solutions. I know if your iCloud Apple ID has Photos on it will go right to the Photos app on Mac. I'm just not sure if that also happens on Windows.

Anyway, Dropbox has an autoupload feature. Goes to a Camera Uploads folder inside the Dropbox folder. Just need to turn it on. Google Photos operates in a similar way. Do note that turning on the autouploads feature of these apps mean they are scanning in the background and that can lead to increased battery use.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
Quite a lot is possible.
For exemplary purposes, this Shortcut takes a photo and automatically copies it to a Windows PC network share.
The SMB connection has been added once in the Files.app.

EDIT: Camera.app and Files.app are stock apps and Shortcuts.app is from Apple as well.

And here is how to add a special 2nd "shutter button" to the Camera.app that triggers said Shortcut (again, an Apple native solution):

And outside of your home network, Shortcuts.app supports connecting to a VPN natively since iOS 16.

Attachments

• IMG_1687.jpeg
    IMG_1687.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 2nd.shutter.button.jpg
    2nd.shutter.button.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Reactions: eyoungren

BuggyGT

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2019
The Photos app that is built into Windows 11 seems to have a iCloud sync feature, not sure if you have to manually download every pic or if it auto saves it though.

Screenshot 2023-10-23 125407.png

Reactions: eyoungren

pctechtv

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Hi, thank you all for the replies. The information given is very helpful. I found a solution via the App PhotoSync. It does the trick. Thanks again.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
What are the name of the apps. I am curious. Thanks
Dropbox and Google Voice. Both apps have the option to automatically upload pictures from the camera roll. You just need to sign up for the service if you don't have either already.

Some other cloud services also offer the same option. I just use Dropbox because it's never had any upload/download limits and Google Voice because I got a Google account at some point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.