Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerrySuhrstedt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2023
Chandler, AZ
I've been beating my head against the wall for years on this. My apologies if this is "beating a dead horse" subject. I've flushed my 3000 contacts from iCloud about 10 times over the years. And even in 2023 just cannot seem to find a solution for bi-directional syncing of contacts between iCloud and MS Outlook for Mac... so here I am.

Is the only solution a third party app?? Or do any of you guys have a trick up your sleeve?

Setup

• Macbook Pro 16 inch 2021 M1 Pro 16 GB
  • Sonoma 14.2
  • Outlook for Mac v16.78.2
I primarily use two email addresses.
  • jsuhrstedt@icloud.com
  • jerrysuhrstedt@gmail.com

Would LOVE to live in a world where I can use ONLY the apple ecosystem (life's simpler), but I work with companies that require Outlook and other MS products.

I can...
    Bi-directionally sync across iCloud / Mac Contacts / iPhone with no issues. Outlook? No bueno.

I cannot...
    Trouble starts when I enter trying to auto sync contacts directly to Outlook for Mac from iCloud. Only works one way. I can create a contact in Outlook and it will sync to iCloud. But if I add a contact in iCloud it won't sync to Outlook.

I've also added my gmail account in to a MS Office 365 account, added my gmail email and still cannot get bi-directional sync to work. I need all of my iCloud contacts to auto sync in to Outlook.

Thank you for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.