Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armandxp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Orlando, FL
Have an iPhone 6+ and iPad mini 2 both on iOS 8.1.3. Have completely wiped everything off both devices to brand new and haven't restored to any backups, due to crazy iCloud photo library syncing issues. Got the photos syncing perfectly now.

Every time I download a new app to the phone, it's supposed to download to my iPad. It tries....It shows the app on the other devices screen with 'waiting'. I can't tap on it to initiate the download. It will stay this way till I either delete it, or go into app purchases and press the circle there and then it'll download.

I've hard reset, I've signed in and out of the app stores, I've turned off auto downloads and turned them back on. I receive all of my app updates automatically with no problems. I feel like I've tried everything, googled till I'm sick, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate any advice (except restore phone to brand new again....not doing it) It's just strange that both devices are doing the same thing, no matter which device first purchases the app, the other device will on go to the 'waiting' phase...

Thanks!

rajivvarma

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2008
Yup, this has been occurring on my 3rd gen ipad for at least a year now. It even does the same thing on my 6 Plus.

Not sure what can be done about it.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Been having the same issue. Seems like for me, i have to have the following turned on of it to work:
Automatic Downloads
- Apps toggled on
- Updates toggled on

If Updates is not turned on, the apps that i download on iPad, will not be automatically download to my iPhone.

Runnings the latest iOS9, non jail broken iDevices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.