Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Can someone explain to me what is this new feature? It is mentioned in this video.

Does this pertain only to Apple Music subscriptions? So potentially you add a song from AM and it can automatically download to your iOS device? Any chance it works with iTunes Match? Meaning I can add music to iTunes Match via iTunes on my Mac and it shows up downloaded on an iOS device?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Can someone explain to me what is this new feature? It is mentioned in this video.

Does this pertain only to Apple Music subscriptions? So potentially you add a song from AM and it can automatically download to your iOS device? Any chance it works with iTunes Match? Meaning I can add music to iTunes Match via iTunes on my Mac and it shows up downloaded on an iOS device?

It should work with any music added to your iCloud Music Library. If iTunes Match also uses iCloud Music Library then, yes it should work.

blairh

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
It should work with any music added to your iCloud Music Library. If iTunes Match also uses iCloud Music Library then, yes it should work.
Well that's what I'd love to be the case. Essentially flip a switch in the Music app that allows for all my music in iTunes Match to be downloaded onto my iPhone without needing me to save onto my iPhone by artist, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.