Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TodVader

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Hi! This might be a bit difficult but would be very useful for me posting at my blog.

I would like to have something like this: (example of a page talking about the iBook)

Check for (link)Ibooks(/link) on Ebay

I would like this to be automatically at the end of the page when I write a post on the blog.

I dont know PHP very well but i was thinking something like this:

At each page, I could add a value like Value=Ibook G4 and then make it make a custom ebay URL that searches for Ibook G4 (thats easy to do).

I would insert all those codes at the PHP theme file for where the posts appear and just add ex: value=iBook G4 in my posts everytime

(I already have adsense ads that appear automatically)

Anyone here know their PHP/HTML to help me out doing this?

Thanks!

betty02

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2005
Blackpool - UK
TodVader said:
Hi! This might be a bit difficult but would be very useful for me posting at my blog.

I would like to have something like this: (example of a page talking about the iBook)

Check for (link)Ibooks(/link) on Ebay

I would like this to be automatically at the end of the page when I write a post on the blog.

I dont know PHP very well but i was thinking something like this:

At each page, I could add a value like Value=Ibook G4 and then make it make a custom ebay URL that searches for Ibook G4 (thats easy to do).

I would insert all those codes at the PHP theme file for where the posts appear and just add ex: value=iBook G4 in my posts everytime

(I already have adsense ads that appear automatically)

Anyone here know their PHP/HTML to help me out doing this?

Thanks!

Theres nothin hard really about this, just when you type in your blog content add this in
Code:
<a href="http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=iBook&category0=" >NAME OF LINK e.g IBooks On E-Bay</a>

Simple

TodVader

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Thats what I would want but done automatically so when other people post on the blog, the ad appears without them even thinking about it.

Im pretty sure this is possible but out of my league as for now :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.