Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uhmorphous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2011
The process I'm trying to accomplish (and to be accessible/executable for people who have absolutely zero code/script knowledge, for repetitive daily use) is this:

Search web page/post for multiple keywords by initiating an automated multiple-keyword search to eliminate repetitive single-word searches.

Example:

A moderator needs to search for set keywords in flagged posts not caught by the bots, and they need to find the offending word(s) quickly. Cmd/Ctrl-F for each word separately is not feasible.

I thought this would be an easy action in Automator, but it's been 250 thousand years, give or take, since I've even opened it, and the rust was overwhelming.

Any thoughts on implementation for this relative newbie (compared to probably 90% of the people here) would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I know there are a few awesome Chrome extensions, but Safari is the only allowed browser, so extensions are, unfortunately, off the table.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.