Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DequaviusJR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
Recently got a smart plug and was interested to see if I could set up an automation that would allow it to stop charging at 80 (or whatever percentage). Was able to do this as a normal shortcut but automations, from what I understand, can only be done through the home app, which can only be triggered by certain events, none of which include a battery percentage. I can do this on iPhone through automations because it allows me to make a "personal automation" rather than a "home automation" but haven't been able to find personal automation on the mac. Any help on this?

white7561

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2016
World
Use AlDente. Even the free version is so good. The pro version is even better. They haven't officially added the new MBPs in the supported list. But some has tried it and they claim it works just fine.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
OP: I use AlDente on a Mac running Monterey and it works fine. You can set AlDente to any Percentage of battery charge that you prefer. I am very happy with it's performance.

AlDente Web site:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.