Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm curious to know if anyone has ever found a way (or an app) that allows you to create an automation to change the recording modes on your HKSV cameras?

For example, every morning at 6am when I log on for work, I switch my Eufy cameras in the Home app to "Stream". This is to keep an eye on my dog downstairs. While going into the Home app either on my Mac or my iPhone and switching 3 cameras to "Stream" is hardly a hard thing to do manually, I'm finding that it would be slightly easier if I could do this through an automation of some sort or have a 3rd party app do that functionality.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
No way unfortunately. This is an oft-requested feature by many, including myself. All I can suggest if you raise the request via their feedback page.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
You may be able to do it with homebridge,
I've had eufy for a while, but just discovered they had a homebridge plugin yesterday, and haven't had much time to play, but each camera has 2 switches. one seems to turn the camera off, haven't figured out what the other does.

It also exposes the "security mode" for the home as an alarm, so you can switch the eufy record on or off depending on how you have your modes set, but I don't know how it affects HKSV.
There's also another switch that's paired with that alarm that I'm not sure what it does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.