Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have an automation that turns my porch and deck lights to 25% and red at 0130. The automation fires just fine. The lights turn red as expected and the brightness is 25% but the HomeKit status is showing that the lights are a warm white color at 25%. Any one else run into this?

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Funny, I have the same automation but use Blue at midnight, it's been spot on and shows accurate with all 8 lights. I'm running the latest software releases, no betas.

Do you have the lights in one group used in the automation or individual lights selected in the automation?

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Funny, I have the same automation but use Blue at midnight, it's been spot on and shows accurate with all 8 lights. I'm running the latest software releases, no betas.

Do you have the lights in one group used in the automation or individual lights selected in the automation?
I have a scene in this automation but the particular lights in question are selected a la carte. Should I group them?

Half my devices are on the public release of OS17 and the other are still on the last public release of 16

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Hmm? I would leave the lights alone and consider the issue related to iOS16 v iOS17 differences.
I’ll see what happens after everything is updated. I work midnights and it would be nice to get an accurate status of my accessories when my family is sleeping and I’m not home. What else would be reporting the wrong status if something as simple as a light color is?

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
Maybe not from an automation prospective, however when all my Hue lights are off, the Home app informs me that some lights are still on.

Last edited:

b17777

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
St.Paul MN
If you force close the Home app and reopen, that usually clears the issue. Wish the Home app had a pull down to refresh.
When you say "force close the Home app" what do you mean ?
On your phone ? Just closing the app and re opening ?
I've only seen force quitting apps on the Mac.
I guess I never leave the app running in the background. I just open it when I want to do something and then swipe up and close it.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
When you say "force close the Home app" what do you mean ?
On your phone ? Just closing the app and re opening ?
I've only seen force quitting apps on the Mac.
I guess I never leave the app running in the background. I just open it when I want to do something and then swipe up and close it.
Force quit, force close, same thing.

Go the app switcher by swiping up from the bottom and holding for a second. Then swiping up on the app in the switcher force quits it. Restarting the home app after a force quit usually gives a more updated status of the accessories.

Reactions: b17777
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.