Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idrewuk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
I’ve set up some relatively simple automations in my home to try things out. One, which switches on my bedside lamp at a set time in the morning, isn’t switching off despite having this option set under ‘Turn off after 15 minutes’.

Is anybody else having this problem? I can’t figure out why and don’t really know what else to do other than set an additional automation to actually turn them off, which isn’t ideal and I don’t know if that’d even work.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I’ve found the “turn off” after a set amount of minutes to be very finicky. Make sure you don’t have another automation that contradicts, for example, a motion sensor that turns the light on.
A turn off automation would work great though. You set it once in the app which takes all of 10 seconds and then forget about it. Just have it set to turn off 15 minutes from when you have it turn on.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
I’ve set up some relatively simple automations in my home to try things out. One, which switches on my bedside lamp at a set time in the morning, isn’t switching off despite having this option set under ‘Turn off after 15 minutes’.

Is anybody else having this problem? I can’t figure out why and don’t really know what else to do other than set an additional automation to actually turn them off, which isn’t ideal and I don’t know if that’d even work.
Do you perhaps also have the issue that I described in this thread?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.