Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
I have HomeKit automations that adjust my ecobee thermostat temperature at certain times. Following the new HomeKit architecture upgrade, these automations have not been working.

Any suggestions, please?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
also try rebooting all of your home hubs.
Unplug them all, and then go back and plug them in, so they're all out at once. (not sure this is necessary, but can't hurt)

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I have HomeKit automations that adjust my ecobee thermostat temperature at certain times. Following the new HomeKit architecture upgrade, these automations have not been working.

Any suggestions, please?
I've deleted, reset and restored HomeKit and all devices multiple times and nothing has worked. Apple pulled the new architecture update because of widespread issues and it looks like everyone unfortunate enough to have upgraded will have to suffer until Apple fixes it..

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Had many issues with the new architecture. Particularly troublesome:
  1. Wemo light switches,
  2. Airplay speakers (Sonos, Naim, Airport Express)
  3. HomePods/ATVs.
  4. Christmas lights (Twinkly).

Hue lights and Lutron Caseta switches sailed through the upgrade and are super stable - as usual - thank heavens! Ikea stuff pretty reliable too (but only after I returned my brand-new Dirigera hub and reverted to the old Tradfri hub). No problem with Ecobee thermostats and sensors.

One device automation (fan auto-off) appeared to break after I recreated it as a shortcut, but I think that's because the device itself (wemo wall switch) now goes offline a lot.

In summary, I just spent a couple of days wiping my home and re-creating it. Lucky I'm off work. Had it up to here with HomeKit crap right now. Ready to put back some dumb switches.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
also try rebooting all of your home hubs.
Unplug them all, and then go back and plug them in, so they're all out at once. (not sure this is necessary, but can't hurt)
That seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the tip!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.