Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trevanian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2022
Well it’s happened again. My automations to play music at certain times of day have all stopped working. No changes to my network, software or hardware. No changes to the automations. The automation that pauses music works fine. If I press "test automation" several times, it will eventually work. My iPad, iPhone and MacBook all work fine, it’s just my HomePod Minis. According to the Home app nothing’s wrong. I can’t even begin to imagine how you screw this up.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
Same here all my time automations working and suddenly all of my arrive home/leave home automations have stopped working, have been working for over a year with no issues now suddenly they have stopped… frustrating!

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
The “experts” will say it’s your network.

Out of curiosity, what device is the currently the active Home Hub?

rob2bob

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2021
Same issue. Noticed yesterday on both my iPhone and iPad when trying to fathom why my home automations based on location not working as intended that under Privacy & Security and then Location Services, ‘Home’ is listed twice with I think a conflict between them which is the ‘bug’? Perhaps deleting the Home app and reinstalling it might clear it, but that feels like a lot of pain to reconfig.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
did you update the homepod manually?

There was an OS update recently, if you didn't do them manually they might have picked the past couple days to automatically do the update.

Try rebooting all of your homehubs. Unplug them all so they're all out at the same time, then go back and plug them back in.

possible something got borked alongside the update, a reboot should cause them to re-pull from apple, and should hopefully sort it out.

This isn't one of the things that's normally affected by network issues. unlike some other homekit issues.

Trevanian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2022
After several attempts at solving this, each of which worked just long enough to give me false hope and then failed, I have stopped trying with automations completely and replaced them with shortcuts. Shortcuts always work. Without really knowing what the problem ever was, it’s the Home app, and using another app, shortcuts, avoids the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.