Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AE_stc

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 25, 2020
I’m not sure when Automations were introduced in the shortcuts app but I just discovered them and am disappointed that they still require action on your part to run. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get them to just enact the automation... you know, automatically?

Sergei Shcherbakov

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2020
Just turn off "ask before running" toggle

IMG_9754.jpg

Reactions: AE_stc

AE_stc

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 25, 2020
Just turn off "ask before running" toggle

View attachment 934387

Interesting thank you, but sadly like the other guy said, I don’t have that option on my xs Max. I’m assuming Apple only made that possible on the 11 line, much like the change resolution button in the camera app.

I like Apple products but that kind of stuff really turns me off buying more of it.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
I was trying to setup a shortcut that would run an app everyday but have found that automations won't run a shortcut. I have it set to run without asking but get an error every time it runs. I don't think automatons will run a shortcut which is a bummer. Fun to play around with the app but haven't found much use for it

Sergei Shcherbakov

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2020
Interesting thank you, but sadly like the other guy said, I don’t have that option on my xs Max. I’m assuming Apple only made that possible on the 11 line, much like the change resolution button in the camera app.

I like Apple products but that kind of stuff really turns me off buying more of it.

Hmm, maybe you can share your automation screen / scenario? What IOS version do you have?

BTW shortcuts have some pre requisitions to run (it's more NFC related, but still valid for regular automation launch)

Automation is disabled when an NFC scanning sheet is visible, Wallet or Apple Pay are in use, cameras are in use, the device is in airplane mode, and the device is locked after a restart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.