Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Hi

Yosemite and El Capitan I connect my WD Cloud share using automator without any problem. Then I upgrade to Sierra and it won't work properly.

When I try connect 2 my WD Cloud NAS in same automator program (this my usual one). First WD Cloud will connect and 2nd WD Cloud always fail to connect. I try move swap them around and 2nd one always fail. I have to rerun separate automator for 2nd WD Cloud manually and it fine.

So I try split two WD Cloud have their own automator program instead of together like above. When I try connect 1 my WD Cloud NAS and first share alway fail. Doesn't matter which one: top one always fail. I move order around for different share and top one always fail.

I save my automator as App and add it in Login Items for start up.

My automator look like this in screenshot below.

I am not sure what do now. I try find out why but I still don't know why it not working in Sierra when it work fine in Yosemite and El Capitan.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 20.13.40.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 20.13.40.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 397
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 20.16.06.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 20.16.06.png
    274 KB · Views: 299

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Don't think so. I not that advance.

I know people have popup ask connect network or NAS problem. That fine by me. I don't mind that popup if I get it (I don't).

My problem it can't connect and come up error like screenshot. I don't want error. I want it connect.

dlanor15

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
I don't know if this is automator related or not, but I also had issues connecting to my NAS after updating to Sierra from Yosemite.

Turns out apple is now using their own samba stack and client signing is turned on by default which my NAS didnt support. So i had to turn it off on my mac, you can try and see if that solves your issue.

create the file /etc/nsbm.conf with the following content:

[default]
client_signing=no

you may need to restart after that.

more details here:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7565683?start=90&tstart=0

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Hmm. None of those match my problem. They don't use Automator to connect. They just use finder Go to Server thing. Problem I can't do that cos too many shares I need connect so that why I use Automator to connect all for me. I can't find anyone have same problem as me.

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
Hmm. None of those match my problem. They don't use Automator to connect. They just use finder Go to Server thing. Problem I can't do that cos too many shares I need connect so that why I use Automator to connect all for me. I can't find anyone have same problem as me.

Well you are using the same process except it is wrapped in automator try in Terminal the server address you have in the action now with a mount_afp preceding them if that works then change the action to execute bash script copy the lines used in Terminal into it and it should work.

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Finder connect to server works fine but too many shares for me. Automator not working properly for me. Error box in my first post.

Something in automator not let me connect properly.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
It won't solve your problem but I would point out you shouldn't be using AFP anymore, it has been deprecated. Use SMB instead.

Last edited:

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
I try that too. Replace AFP with smb and exact same error still appear.

It works fine if go by finder again. Just Automator it won't.

Look like I have to accept this problem can't be fix. :(

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
I probably need change my way of working. Use finder connect most used share and only connect other when I need use it.

I test that out weekend and forget about Automator.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.