Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nazwisko

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Since I've started using eM Client as my default mail app, the option to share pdf files via right-click menu is gone (see attached image).
I'm looking for a tutorial or instructions on how to add it to the menu via Automator Quick Action.
I have never used Automator before so I would appreciate elaborate posts. ;)
Big Sur 11.2.3 on Mac Mini M1.

Thanks in advance for help!

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 16.12.12.jpg

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Well, you know how to start creating a Quick Action in Automator so you're almost there.

Workflow receives current = "files or folders"
in = "any application"

Image = "Share"
Color = whatever you want

Then drag the "Open Finder Item" action underneath and pick Open with: "eM Client". Save and name it something nice like "Share with eM Client".

So now if you right-click anything in the Finder the Quick Action submenu should have the new command. It will attach the file to a new email message in eM Client.

Reactions: Nazwisko

Nazwisko

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Well, you know how to start creating a Quick Action in Automator so you're almost there.

Hahaha ? You are very kind!!

Workflow receives current = "files or folders"
in = "any application"

Image = "Share"
Color = whatever you want

Then drag the "Open Finder Item" action underneath and pick Open with: "eM Client". Save and name it something nice like "Share with eM Client".

So now if you right-click anything in the Finder the Quick Action submenu should have the new command. It will attach the file to a new email message in eM Client.

This works like a charm! I had no idea it's so simple. Thank you very very much!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.