Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnaeve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
McKinney, TX
All,
On my Mid-2012 MBA with 250Gb SSD, I just finished rolling back from Mavericks to Mountain Lion, have successfully restored all files, etc. and am back among the living. However, over the last 4-5 days I've noticed my hard drive available space go from about 65Gb down to now 26Gb available. The odd thing is, I'm getting alerts from TechTool Pro telling me I'm at 11% available space, Disk Utility tells me I have 26.89Gb available but when I look at the status bar in Finder, it tells me I have 59.49Gb available.

I also use PathFinder which tells me that my available space is closer to what Disk Utility tells me.

Now I have a 2Tb USB3 drive connected as my archive device and have a full TimeMachine build thats about 13 months old on it (I was using it to restore files). I think whats happening is that Spotlight is building its database and including everything in that TimeMachine folder but its excluded from Spotlight and for some reason, doesn't change things.

I have invoked the rebuild of spotlight database but its not changed things either.

Any thoughts??:confused:

Last edited:

jnaeve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
McKinney, TX
Disregard

All,
I discovered my Spotlight DB was corrupt and did a rebuild which solved the issue.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.