Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
grapes911 said:
I'd say so. People have given out there 'tars for specific people to use. And there was a glitch when a bunch of Demi's kept getting other Demi's 'tars :)p), but it would be very rude to take someone else's 'tar. Even if they don't use it anymore.

I'd say -ask for permission from the original owner- before you do that.

I've made almost all of mine (although some of them, just a few have been images from things I really liked).

D

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
I made mine from my "Sparky's Marinade®" Logo. I animated it myself in photoshop. I've used other "stills" I'm fond of but always seem to come back to my own product.

PS if you need help let me know, I've been a graphics professional for over 35 years. ;)

iDM

macrumors 6502a
I am a graphics art major and web designer hence the fact my 'tar is so crisp and well designed.

Actually I used AppleWorks and cropped the hell out of an image of the 5th Gen iPod(Since I bought one the day I reached 500 posts) and then just pasted one of my favorite albums on the screen.

I've been meaning to attempt to animate it with something cool but I get intimated by some of the cool ones out there. *cough*Mr. Anderson *cough*

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
mad jew said:
Once you've had a 'tar for a while, you start to navigate by it.

I use people's 'tar all time to navigate, I get used what peoples 'tars are and stop reading there names!:eek:

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2004
If I find a really funny one, I'll save it on my computer, but I usually try and make my own, which has not gone well on this site, lol

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Yea, I don't usually read names, just check the tars and go from there. Except when you cunning folks (edesign I'm looking at you in particular) make a significant change.

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
I made my own gif on an online gif-making site. (Warning: tons of annoying ads); but it works fine. In fact, the site is so annoying that I wont even link to it; just google "gif maker." Find a picture you like on the net (I like book covers) and make your avatar there.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
If I made mine I'd be changing it every week or so.

I half made mine - I actually did take the screen capture from the Gamecube myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.