Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajkessel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
I am attempting to follow the instructions here (the fullscreen.scpt solution) to create a keyboard shortcut that toggles a window to full screen with no menu bar. On MacOS 13.4 (Ventura), I always get the error "Not authorized to send Apple events to System Events. (-1743)." Normally, I would expect a prompt to appear the first time the action is run asking me to give permission, but that never happens. I also do not see any place in Security/Privacy settings (e.g. under Automation) where I can allow this action. I've also tried running the compiled app from the terminal command line (i.e. "open fullscreen.app") and I get the same error there, with no option to give permission. I've tried adding the app under Privacy/Security-->Accessibility, but it makes no difference. Also tried giving Full Disk Access to Terminal, Automation, AppleScript, etc., but it doesn't help. How can I get around the 1743 error?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.