Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hexagenia

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
New Hampshire
Anyone have experience with Verizon as their customer support and technical support are laughably clueless. I think I have accurately determined that International Roaming on ATT is only active in Canada and Mexico if that helps someone with them as their carrier.

Last edited:

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I have Verizon and my Apple Watch 7 was added to my account for the usual $10 a month. When we recently went to Israel/Jordan I paid the monthly Verizon fee for International Service (we were gone almost 3 weeks so it seemed to make more sense than the $10 per day plan) and I seem to remember that the Watch did receive texts/calls WHEN it was paired directly to the iPhone but not if the iPhone was not nearby.

hexagenia

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
New Hampshire
Thanks for that. My sustained inquiry at Verizon reveals that their policy is the exact same as ATT: International Roaming on Verizon is only active in Canada and Mexico. Anywhere else, you need the iPhone.

For the US carriers, perhaps the capability should be called North American roaming? 😎

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.