Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
AW Series 0 with latest WatchOS installed. iPhone X with iOS 12 Developer Beta 3.

So I've been using the bedtime feature since iOS 12 and usually wake up at 0630Hr but yesterday I went to bed later and set bedtime to wake me up at 0700Hr so I could sleep 30 minutes longer.
At 0650Hr my Apple Watch woke me because it was time to stand up for my circle. It stole ten minutes of precious sleep from me!

Normally the Apple Watch copies the DND-status of the iPhone, but bedtime is a different kind of DND than the regular one.

Now the question: do people with WatchOS Beta 5 (and thus newer Apple Watch than mine) have had this behavior? Or does the WatchOS 5 respect the "new" DND-mode?

Reactions: Lennyvalentin

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
I've had kind of the opposite problem - because I've set auto-DND to engage before I usually go to bed, I don't get the bedtime reminder on my wrist. This is an irritating sort of first-world catch-22... :) My non-optimal solution was to move the time DND engages ahead sufficiently so that my bedtime reminder will go through, but that meant that notifications for messages and emails and whatnot ring and ding through speakers of my iDevices until after midnight, which is bad if I go to bed earlier than usual, as I might wake up again and have my sleep disturbed.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Nope, but I haven't had it since then. Got me a Series 4 now, so on WatchOS 5.

I turn on theater mode now before I go to bed so it doesn't light up when I fight out WW3 in my dreams :)

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Must be a bug. It’s beta after all. I don’t have this behavior on my S3 with OS5.

Jason Honer

Suspended
Aug 13, 2018
Boston MA
AW Series 0 with latest WatchOS installed. iPhone X with iOS 12 Developer Beta 3.

So I've been using the bedtime feature since iOS 12 and usually wake up at 0630Hr but yesterday I went to bed later and set bedtime to wake me up at 0700Hr so I could sleep 30 minutes longer.
At 0650Hr my Apple Watch woke me because it was time to stand up for my circle. It stole ten minutes of precious sleep from me!

Normally the Apple Watch copies the DND-status of the iPhone, but bedtime is a different kind of DND than the regular one.

Now the question: do people with WatchOS Beta 5 (and thus newer Apple Watch than mine) have had this behavior? Or does the WatchOS 5 respect the "new" DND-mode?
Use theatre mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.