Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
The watch can get wet anytime. You can put it in "water mode" by swiping up and selecting the water drop or starting a swimming workout, but all that does is lock the screen so water droplets don't select anything. It doesn't make the watch any more waterproof

SUMIMASN

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
Brooklin, Ontario, Canada
Ah that function is one in the same. I have a pool that I have to do weekly upkeep & expect my watch will be getting a little wet on the regular. Thanks for clarifying.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The watch can get wet anytime. You can put it in "water mode" by swiping up and selecting the water drop or starting a swimming workout, but all that does is lock the screen so water droplets don't select anything. It doesn't make the watch any more waterproof

Interesting. Thank you for explaining this. Wasn't entirely sure how this feature operated.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Another one!

The Watch is water-resistant to 50m, period. It doesn't just break if you submerge it without activating the water lock feature. Use your common sense, people.

Reactions: moxxham
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.